STATE PROFILES | Wisconsin
David CagigalChief Information Officer
Department of Administration
Year Appointed: 2012
BiographyDavid Cagigal was appointed CIO for the State of Wisconsin in November, 2012. As the CIO, he also serves as Division Administrator for the Division of Enterprise Technology (DET). DET manages the state’s IT assets and provides technology to state agencies such as computer services, voice-data-video telecommunications, and print and mail services.
David is a seasoned executive with over 25 years of experience in information technology visioning, strategic planning and management. He is experienced in converging business strategies with ever- changing and innovating information technologies. He also identifies and implements the appropriate change management processes and risk mitigating strategies for each unique culture. David has held executive IT positions at Alliant Energy, DeVry University, DePaul University, Maytag and Amoco that crosses multiple industries and business functions.
He is also passionate about education reform and 21st Century Learning Strategies through technology innovations in collaboration with teachers, administrators, parents, communities and most importantly students.
His specialties are strategic planning, budget management, program management, business intelligence, data analytics, risk analysis, quality management, business continuity, disaster response, technology analysis / implementation, security operations, and training / development of personnel.
David was honored to serve as: Edison Electric Institute – Technology Advisory Council, Chair University of Wisconsin, Erdman Center (MBA), Advisory Board Member Computerworld’s Premier 100 IT Leaders
He currently serves as:
- Wisconsin Homeland Security Council, Member
- Wisconsin Cyber Working Group, Chair
- Urban League of Greater Madison, Board Member
- DePaul University, College of Computing and Digital Media, Leadership Council
- DeVry University/Kellner Graduate School of Management, IT Advisory Board Member
- UW-Whitewater Technology Program, Advisory Board Member
- Wisconsin Public Service Commission, Broadband Advisory Board Member
- Wisconsin Digital Government Summit, Advisory Board Member
- PDS Annual Technology Conference, Advisory Board Member
- Fusion CEO-CIO Symposium, Advisory Board Member
- Wisconsin Cyber Center for Excellence, Advisory Board Member
David holds a BS and MBA from DePaul