ABOUT NASCIO | Strategic PlanDownload NASCIO's Strategic Plan (adopted July, 2012)
MISSION :To foster government excellence through leadership of quality business practices, information management, and technology policy.
VISION :Government in which the public is fully served through business innovation and the efficient and effective use of technology policy.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES :The National Association of State Chief Information Officers will:
- be non-partisan,
- be ethical in our actions and relationships,
- foster policies that support the public trust,
- focus on multi-jurisdictional issues,
- promote open standards and best practices,
- promote strategic alignment of government technology investments and state business agendas, and
- promote the CIO as the technology leader who drives innovation and transformation.
The association’s goals and objectives to realize our mission and vision include:
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES :
NASCIO SERVES AS THE PREMIER COMMUNITY AND RESOURCE FOR STATE CIOS
- Improve state CIOs’ awareness of strategic information technology issues and solutions
- Identify and promote leading practices and innovations to support, enable and transform the business of state government
- Facilitate the sharing of experiences and expertise among members
NASCIO ADVANCES STATE CIOS AS KEY STATE LEADERS
- Facilitate transition planning, processes and mentoring tactics for new state CIOs
- Advance and reinforce the role of the state CIO as the policy and business leader of state information technology
- Support and communicate leadership, innovation and leading practices in state information technology
- Advance the evolving role of the state CIO as a transformative government leader
NASCIO IS AN EFFECTIVE LEADER AND ADVOCATE FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY AT ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT
- Strengthen strategic alliances with key partners
- Promote and lead cross-boundary initiatives, solutions and relationships
- Promote and enhance the critical role of information technology and innovation in the operation and continuity of state government
- Educate stakeholders
- Build consensus among members and stakeholders
NASCIO relies on its strategic plan to guide the development of the annual business plan and supporting performance measurement. Linked to objectives, the performance measures and metrics in the business plan define the strategic initiatives, outcomes, key performance indicators and vital signs of NASCIO for the program year. Strategic initiatives to be addressed are determined by the Executive Committee after assessing state member priorities, as well as emerging national trends and issues.
Staff contact: Doug Robinson, Executive Director
Phone: (859) 514-9153