NEWS ROOM | Press Releases
For immediate release: September 27, 2010
Contact: Meghan Penning
NASCIO Recognizes Outstanding Achievement in State Government
MIAMI, Fla., September 27, 2010 — Ten exemplary initiatives were chosen as recipients for the National Association of State Chief Information Officers’ (NASCIO) 2010 Recognition Awards for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Information Technology in State Government.
According to NASCIO, innovation and excellence continue to thrive in state government. These projects demonstrate that states strive to support the public policy goals of state leaders, provide cost-effective service to citizens, and make available solutions that are transferable to other agencies or units of government.
One project in each category was honored with this prestigous award during the State Dinner and Awards Presentation at the 2010 NASCIO Annual Conference. The awards were announced on September 27 in Miami, Fla.
Awards receipents in the 2010 program are as follows:
- State of Arkansas, Universal Financial Aid Management System
Category: Cross-Boundary Collaboration and Partnerships
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Child Support Portal
Category: Data, Information and Knowledge Management
- State of Nevada, Department of Motor Vehicles', Vehicle Information Database
Category: Digital Government: Government to Business
- State of California, C-IV: Providing Californians Accurate and Efficient Access to Health and Social Service Benefits
Category: Digital Government: Government to Citizen
- Commonwealth of Virginia, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Category: Digital Government: Government to Government
- State of Utah, Creating Utah's Cloud Infrastructure
Category: Enterprise IT Management Initiatives
- State of Illinois, Data Center Server Consolidation and Virtualization Project
Category: Improving State Operations
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania STARNet
Category: Information Communications Technology Innovations
- State of Minnesota, "What's in My Neighborhood?" Website Redesign Project
Category: Open Government Initiatives
- State of Michigan, Government Cloud Protection Program: Disaster Recovery Services Transformed for the Perfect Storm
Category: Risk Management Initiatives
This is the 22nd consecutive year for this awards program. The Awards Committee, comprised of judges from NASCIO’s state and corporate members, selected the 2010 award finalists. Full submissions from all 130 nominations are posted on NASCIO’s website at www.nascio.org/awards.
The National Association of State Chief Information Officers is the premier network and resource for state CIOs and a leading advocate for technology policy at all levels of government. NASCIO represents state chief information officers and information technology executives from the states, territories, and the District of Columbia. The primary state government members are senior officials who have executive level and statewide responsibility for information technology leadership. State officials who are involved in agency level information technology management may participate as state members. Representatives from other public sector and non-profit organizations may also participate as associate members. Private sector firms may join as corporate members and participate in the Corporate Leadership Council. For more information about NASCIO visit www.nascio.org.
AMR Management Services provides NASCIO’s executive staff. For more information about AMR visit www.AMRms.com/.
Programs and Education Coordinator
National Association of State Chief Information Officers
# # #