State Technology Innovator Award Submission
NASCIO’s State Technology Innovator Award honors outstanding individuals who have made contributions to advance the state’s technology policy agenda through the promotion of best practices, adoption of new technologies and advancements in service delivery.
- Eligible nominees are employees of state government. State CIOs, elected officials, and contract employees are not eligible.
- Nominations are only accepted from individuals within NASCIO member organizations. NASCIO Corporate Members may only nominate one individual.
- The selection of the recipient is made by the NASCIO Executive Committee. They draw heavily on their expertise as leaders in information technology.
Nomination Guidance (when submissions are being accepted, you will submit answers via a form below):
- Describe how the nominee’s personal leadership and advocacy efforts have advanced the state’s technology policy agenda. (250 words)
- Nomination should focus on the individual’s contribution and how they are enabling IT to be transformational
- Nominee’s work should stand independent of any product, platform or supplier
- Preference given to contributions that align with NASCIO’s State CIO Top Ten Priorities
- Describe the nominee’s adoption of emerging technology or use of best or leading practices and the impact on service delivery. (250 words)
- Preference given to nominations that include specific and measurable impact
- Impact should extend past cost-savings, focusing on how IT can create positive impact for citizens
- Nominations should refrain from naming specific products and platforms (unless a product is new and crucial for understanding the nomination) and focus on how the application of the technology/implementation is new and different