Schedule of Events
Times subject to change. All times listed in Pacific Time.
Thank You Pinnacle Sponsors
What to Know
- The Hyatt Regency Seattle is the conference venue
- A special rate is available for conference attendees of $249++ per night
- reservation link will be provided here on August 11
- rate available until September 13 or the room block is full, whichever comes first
What to Know
- Opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review sponsorship levels, benefits and conditions.
- Sponsorship packages for 2021 Annual have sold out. Thank you for supporting NASCIO
What is the dress code?
NASCIO conferences are business casual. However, attendee attire ranges from business causal to business formal. Evening events are also business casual; if specific attire is appropriate, attendees will be notified.
Don’t forget your most important accessory – your name badge! NASCIO name badges must be worn for entry into NASCIO sessions, events and networking receptions.
Where can I find a list of attendees?
All registered attendees will have access to the NASCIO Event Hub (web & mobile app), which will house a real-time roster of all attendees. Prior to conference, the Hub is the only way to access this information (exception for sponsors).
After conference, all attendees will receive a PDF roster of those individuals who attended the conference.
How many attendees can a member organization register?
- Corporate Members: max of 3 representatives (only exception is those that purchase conference sponsorship packages; the number of registrations permitted for sponsors are based on sponsorship level purchased)
- Nonprofit/Academic/Government (non-state) Members: max of 2 representatives
- State Members: no limit
**These registration numbers are based on the planned reopening by the governor of the state of Washington. NASCIO reserves the right to make changes to these limits based on any change in circumstance around capacity or other state/local health regulations that would be beyond our control.
Can we purchase additional registrations?
No, registrations are limited by member type as outlined above
What is the cost to attend?
- Early Bird Rate (by Sep 2) – $1,195 per person
- Regular Rate (by Oct 1) – $1,295 per person
Government, Academic & Nonprofit Members
- $895 per person
- Registration fees are pre-paid for the State/Territory CIO (or his/her proxy) and two additional state policy leaders
- States that send 3 or more representatives to the conference are eligible for a special group rate of $595 for each additional attendee
Do you accept cancellations or substitutions?
Substitutions are always complimentary; a registered attendee may designate someone within the same company to take their spot. Substitutions must be made online HERE by Oct 1; after this date substitutions must be made onsite.
If a registered attendee must cancel, a refund (minus reasonable administrative fees) will be issued if written notice is provided within these deadlines.
- Cancellation by Sep 2 – $100 fee
- Cancellation by Oct 1 – $200 fee
- No refunds are given for cancellations made after registrations closes (Oct 1) or for no-shows
Contact [email protected] with questions
How can I my company sponsor the conference?
Sponsorship registration will open July 14 at noon Eastern. Opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review sponsorship levels, benefits and conditions.
Can my company hold an event (meeting, reception, etc.) during the conference?
Yes, provided there is a 30-minute buffer from the conclusion of NASCIO’s event and the start time of your event.
NASCIO will not endorse companion events. NASCIO corporate members, partner entities, conference sponsors and attendees are expressly prohibited from holding virtual events that run concurrently with NASCIO conference sessions, meetings, or any other conference-related events.
Can my company exhibit or hold a demo at the conference?
No exhibits or demos. NASCIO conferences are educational and networking based; they do not include a virtual exhibit hall, trade show or demo times so that attendees may focus on discussing issues facing the field of information technology in state government.
Can we share marketing/promotional material during the event?
No marketing materials may be distributed at NASCIO conferences (event venue or Event Hub) except approved sponsor materials.
Gifts or other amenities may not be sent to the hotel room of any public sector attendee.
I’m a member of the media, what do I need to know?
- Can media attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes! Please visit the registration form; if your entity is not listed, please contact Meredith Ward at [email protected] for inclusion
- Is there a cost for media to attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
There is no cost to register for the event
- How many representatives can attend?
Each media entity may send 1 representative
- Are there any guidelines for media attending NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes; media must adhere and agree to NASCIO’s media terms and conditions
- Who do I contact for more information?
Meredith Ward, NASCIO’s Director of Policy & Research
How can I speak at the event?
Conferences feature professional speakers for keynote sessions and largely utilize members for topical sessions.
NASCIO does not host a call for abstracts/proposals; session topics and speakers flow through the NASCIO programs committee. Please review this infographic on the planning process. Watch the NASCIO Community for speaking opportunities for members.
What COVID-19 protocols are in place?
NASCIO encourages only those fully vaccinated to attend the in-person event. We will follow all state (Washington) and local (Seattle/King County) ordinances and guidance as it relates to masking and social distancing.
Our conference venue, Hyatt Regency outlines their commitment to care & cleanliness. Additionally, NASCIO will routinely sanitize high-touch services encountered in the meeting-area that are not property of Hyatt (e.g., registration kiosks, member center surfaces) and will increase the availability of hand sanitizer for personal use.