NASCIO events are highly participatory and interactive. In effort to continue providing this experience while keeping the health & safety of participants at the forefront, full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test results will be required to attend the 2021 Annual Conference.
Participants will also be required to adhere to NASCIO’s mask policy, which currently mirrors the State of Washington Secretary of Health order on face coverings. Masking protocol may be revised to reflect changing pandemic-related circumstances and the latest guidance from appropriate public health officials.
Attendees will be asked to provide one of the following prior to checking-in at registration on-site in Seattle:
- Proof of Vaccination – you may present your vaccination card (actual card, photo or photocopy of card) or your digital vaccination certificate
- Negative PCR* COVID-19 test – must include your name and a date of testing on or after October 6, 2021 (may present a printed or digital copy of test results)
- *Rapid antigen tests, antibody tests or at-home tests will NOT be acceptable documentation for attendance
- NASCIO will not be providing on-site testing or health checks and there will be no exceptions to the stated policy
NASCIO will follow all state, local and federal guidelines when it comes to COVID-19 protections. Currently, that means masking for all attendees unless eating or drinking. As these guidelines may be updated from time-to-time based on the current pandemic situation, NASCIO will communicate any changes to attendees. To keep up with the current guidelines for NASCIO, Seattle/King County and the State of Washington, you can visit the Conference Website.
During the Event
While you’re at the 2021 NASCIO Annual Conference, individual attendees have a responsibility to help keep their NASCIO friends and family safe. To that end, you’ll be expected to:
- Adhere to all COVID-19 protocols set by NASCIO by complying with all relevant signage and instructions, and by complying with all seating and capacity restrictions
- Screen for symptoms of COVID-19 each morning before attending the conference
- Immediate discontinuing your conference participation if experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 while attending the NASCIO Annual Conference and seek medical care if necessary
- Should you have to discontinue conference participation after becoming ill on site, NASCIO will issue a full refund of any registration fees paid – contact [email protected] to request refund
After the Event
As part of the COVID-19 liability waiver, any attendee at the NASCIO 2021 Annual Conference has a duty to report a COVID-19 diagnosis that occurs within 14 days of attending the event.
Should you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis within that timeframe, please inform NASCIO so we can do the necessary follow-up.
View additional on-site health & safety measures NASCIO and the Hyatt Regency are taking