Recordings of the general sessions are available in the Resource Center.
Schedule of Events
Times subject to change. All times listed in Eastern Time.
SUNDAY, OCT 9
9 am – 4 pm
State Member Day
(state & local members only)
3:30 – 5:30 pm
Corporate Member Exchange
(all corporate members welcome)
4:30 – 6 pm
State Member Business Meeting
(state members only)
6:30 – 8 pm
MONDAY, OCT 10
7 – 8 am
8 – 9:30 am
Welcome & Pinnacle Keynote
Jack Shaw, Dynamic Digital Transformation for State Governments
10 – 11:15 am
Energizer & State CIO Survey Panel
11:45 am – 12:15 pm
Emerging Issues in State Privacy | Identity & Access Management | Data Modernization
12:15 – 1:30 pm
1:30 – 2 pm & 2:15 – 2:45 pm
State CIO Panels
3 – 4 pm
State Meet & Greet
5:30 – 8 pm
(state members & invited guests)
TUESDAY, OCT 11
8 – 9 am
9 – 10:30 am
Energizer & Cybersecurity Study Panel
11 am – 12 pm
Impactful Workforce Initiatives | Implementing Business Process Automation | Improving Experiences for Citizens & Internal Customers
12 – 1:15 pm
1:15 – 1:45 pm & 2 – 2:30 pm
CIO as Broker: What’s Next | Georgia Cloud Migration Case Study | Leveraging Volunteers in State Cyber Response Efforts
3 – 4 pm
Ginger Kerrick, Leadership Lessons from Mission Control
5:30 – 8 pm
Awards & Recognition Dinner
(all attendees welcome)
WEDNESDAY, OCT 12
8:30 – 10:30 am
Networking Breakfast & Table Topic Discussions
- Registration is closed (no onsite registration)
- Substitutions will be accepted onsite
- If you have questions, contact [email protected]
- Already registered? To access your receipt, invoice, or make a credit card payment, please click the button above, or visit this page, and click the Already Registered? button at the top right. Provide your email address and confirmation number when prompted.
- The Annual Conference will be held at the Omni Louisville Hotel
- The NASCIO room block are sold out for both the Omni and the Marriott Louisville Downtown.
- Web and mobile app centralizing all conference components – agenda, speakers, polling, attendee rosters, sponsor resources and more
- Only registered attendees have access to the Event Hub
Give Back funds support the AMPED Tech Program, which provides skills training to prepare Louisville residents for a career in IT. Priority admission is extended to individuals that live in underserved zip codes and meet specified income levels.
Thanks to the generosity of sponsors and conference attendees, NASCIO provided a donation of over $35,000 to AMPED.
What COVID-19 protocols are in place?
Upon registration, attendees will be asked to affirm that they are either fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus (NASCIO encourages boosters but not required) OR, if not fully vaccinated will obtain a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to attending the 2022 Annual Conference.
What is the dress code?
NASCIO conferences are business casual. However, attendee attire ranges from business causal to business formal. Evening events are also business casual; if specific attire is appropriate, attendees will be notified.
Don’t forget your most important accessory – your name badge! NASCIO name badges must be worn for entry into NASCIO sessions, events and networking receptions.
Where can I find a list of attendees?
All registered attendees will have access to the NASCIO Event Hub (web & mobile app), which will house a real-time roster of all attendees. Prior to conference, the Hub is the only way to access this information (exception for sponsors).
After conference, all attendees will receive a PDF roster of those individuals who attended the conference.
How many attendees can a member organization register?
- Corporate Members: max of 3 representatives (only exception is those that purchase conference sponsorship packages; the number of registrations permitted for sponsors are based on sponsorship level purchased)
- Nonprofit/Academic/Government (non-state) Members: max of 2 representatives
- State Members: no limit
Can we purchase additional registrations?
No, registrations are limited by member type as outlined above
What is the cost to attend?
- $1,295 per person
Government, Academic & Nonprofit Members
- $895 per person
- No registration fee
- State member attendees are responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses, with the exception of the State/Territory CIO (or proxy) and two additional state policy leaders (as identified by the state CIO)
Do you accept cancellations or substitutions?
Substitutions are always complimentary; a registered attendee may designate someone within the same company to take their spot. Substitutions must be made online HERE by Oct 3; after this date substitutions must be made onsite.
If a registered attendee must cancel, a refund (minus a $200 administrative fee) will be issued if written notice is provided by Oct 3. No refunds are given for cancellations made after registrations closes (Oct 3) or for no-shows.
Contact [email protected] with questions
How can I my company sponsor the conference?
Sponsorship registration will open July 13 at noon Eastern. Opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review sponsorship levels, benefits and conditions.
Can my company hold an event (meeting, reception, etc.) during the conference?
Yes, provided there is a 30-minute buffer from the beginning or conclusion of NASCIO’s event and the start time of your event. No events may be held in the morning.
NASCIO will not endorse companion events. NASCIO corporate members, partner entities, conference sponsors and attendees are expressly prohibited from holding in-person or virtual events that run concurrently with NASCIO conference sessions, meetings, or any other conference-related events.
Can my company exhibit or hold a demo at the conference?
No exhibits or demos. NASCIO conferences are educational and networking based; they do not include an exhibit hall, trade show or demo times so that attendees may focus on discussing issues facing the field of information technology in state government.
Can we share marketing/promotional material during the event?
No marketing materials may be distributed at NASCIO conferences (event venue or Event Hub) except approved sponsor materials.
Gifts or other amenities may not be sent to the hotel room of any public sector attendee.
I’m a member of the media, what do I need to know?
- Can media attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes! Please visit the registration form; if your entity is not listed, please contact Meredith Ward at [email protected] for inclusion
- Is there a cost for media to attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
There is no cost to register for the event
- How many representatives can attend?
Each media entity may send 3 representatives
- Are there any guidelines for media attending NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes; media must adhere and agree to NASCIO’s media terms and conditions
- Who do I contact for more information?
Meredith Ward, NASCIO’s Director of Policy & Research
How can I speak at the event?
Conferences feature professional speakers for keynote sessions and largely utilize members for topical sessions.
NASCIO does not host a call for abstracts/proposals; session topics and speakers flow through the NASCIO programs committee. Please review this infographic on the planning process. Watch the NASCIO Community for speaking opportunities for members.