NASCIO events are highly participatory and interactive. In effort to continue providing this experience while keeping the health & safety of participants at the forefront, full COVID-19 vaccination (per CDC guidelines as of 2.3.22) or negative COVID-19 PCR test (taken within 72 hours of arrival) will be required to attend the 2022 Midyear Conference.
Schedule of Events
SUNDAY, MAY 1
10 am – 5 pm
State Member Day
(state & local members only)
3:30 – 5 pm
Corporate Member Exchange
(all corporate members welcome)
6:30 – 8 pm
MONDAY, MAY 2
8 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 8 pm
(state members & invited guests)
TUESDAY, MAY 3
9 am – 4 pm
WEDNESDAY, MAY 4
8:30 – 10 am
10:30 am – 1 pm
State Member Day
(state members only)
Thank You Pinnacle Sponsor
Already registered? View receipt or pay invoice by clicking the Already Registered link in the top right of the registration page.
- REGISTRATION IS CLOSED (AS OF APRIL 25)
- No onsite registration, but substitutions may be made onsite
- NASCIO Midyear is held at the MGM National Harbor
- The NASCIO hotel block at the MGM is sold out; there are many close hotel options in National Harbor
- Web and mobile app centralizing all conference components – agenda, speakers, polling, attendee rosters, sponsor resources and more
- YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED ATTENDEE TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE EVENT HUB
Give Back supports charitable organizations local to the conference host city. It’s how we show our appreciation for the area’s hospitability.
Organizations align with NASCIO and member priorities – this year, it’s workforce.
Byte Back and STEM for Her ignite passion in STEM fields and open the IT profession to new communities. Be part of the mission by giving back.
Byte Back closes the digital divide by providing historically excluded communities an equitable pathway into the digital economy. They achieve this through transformative digital advocacy, digital literacy, and tech certification training.
Byte Back is one of the only organizations in the US that helps diverse adults who have been left behind by the digital divide to build a foundation of computer skills, earn tech certifications, and launch careers. Graduates who were hired in 2021 started earning $25,000 more per year than before Byte Back.
STEM for Her promotes education to create awareness, excitement, and opportunities among girls and young women to launch successful STEM-related careers.
Through direct exposure to hands-on experiences, mentors and role models and other programs, STEM for Her enables girls and young women to envision the path to an education and a career in STEM.
Thank You Midyear Sponsors
What COVID-19 protocols are in place?
NASCIO events are highly participatory and interactive. In effort to continue providing this experience while keeping the health & safety of participants at the forefront, full COVID-19 vaccination (per CDC guidelines as of 2.3.22) or negative COVID-19 PCR test results (taken within 72 hours of arrival) will be required to attend the 2022 Midyear Conference.
Attendees will be asked to provide one of the following on-site in National Harbor prior to checking-in:
- Proof of Vaccination – you may present your vaccination card (actual card, photo or photocopy of card) or your digital vaccination certificate
- Negative PCR* COVID-19 test – must include your name and a date of testing on or after April 28, 2022 (may present a printed or digital copy of test results)
- *Rapid antigen tests, antibody tests or at-home tests will NOT be acceptable documentation for attendance
Note: NASCIO will not be providing on-site testing or health checks and there will be no exceptions to the stated policy
Currently, there are no requirements for masking. NASCIO will follow all venue, county and state guidelines when it comes to COVID-19 protections. Masking protocol may be revised to reflect changing pandemic-related circumstances and the latest guidance from appropriate public health officials.
During the Event
While you’re at the NASCIO 2022 Midyear Conference, individual attendees have a responsibility to help keep their NASCIO friends and family safe. To that end, you’ll be expected to:
- Adhere to all COVID-19 protocols set by NASCIO by complying with all relevant signage and instructions, and by complying with all seating and capacity restrictions
- Screen for symptoms of COVID-19 each morning before attending the conference
- Immediate discontinuing your conference participation if experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 while attending the NASCIO Midyear Conference and seek medical care if necessary
- Should you have to discontinue conference participation after becoming ill on site, NASCIO will issue a full refund of any registration fees paid – contact [email protected] to request refund
After the Event
As part of the COVID-19 liability waiver, any attendee at the NASCIO 2022 Midyear Conference has a duty to report a COVID-19 diagnosis that occurs within 14 days of attending the event.
Should you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis within that timeframe, please inform NASCIO so we can do the necessary follow-up.
What is the dress code?
NASCIO conferences are business casual. However, attendee attire ranges from business causal to business formal. Evening events are also business casual; if specific attire is appropriate, attendees will be notified.
Don’t forget your most important accessory – your name badge! NASCIO name badges must be worn for entry into NASCIO sessions, events and networking receptions.
Where can I find a list of attendees?
All registered attendees will have access to the NASCIO Event Hub (web & mobile app), which will house a real-time roster of all attendees. Prior to conference, the Hub is the only way to access this information (exception for sponsors).
After conference, all attendees will receive a PDF roster of those individuals who attended the conference.
How many attendees can a member organization register?
- Corporate Members: max of 3 representatives (only exception is those that purchase conference sponsorship packages; the number of registrations permitted for sponsors are based on sponsorship level purchased)
- Nonprofit/Academic/Government (non-state) Members: max of 2 representatives
- State Members: no limit
Can we purchase additional registrations?
No, registrations are limited by member type as outlined above
What is the cost to attend?
- Early Bird Rate (by April 1) – $1,195 per person
- Regular Rate (by April 25) – $1,295 per person
Government, Academic & Nonprofit Members
- $895 per person
- Registration fees are pre-paid for the State/Territory CIO (or his/her proxy) and 2 additional state policy leaders
- Additional state attendees register at a rate of $595 each
Do you accept cancellations or substitutions?
Substitutions are always complimentary; a registered attendee may designate someone within the same company to take their spot. Substitutions must be made online by April 27; after this date substitutions must be made onsite.
If a registered attendee must cancel, a refund (minus reasonable administrative fees) will be issued if written notice is provided within these deadlines.
- Cancellation by April 1 – $100 fee
- Cancellation by April 25 – $200 fee
- No refunds are given for cancellations made after registrations closes (April 25) or for no-shows
Contact [email protected] with questions
How can I my company sponsor the conference?
Sponsorship registration will open February 9 at noon Eastern. Opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review sponsorship levels, benefits and conditions.
Can my company hold an event (meeting, reception, etc.) during the conference?
Yes, provided there is a 30-minute buffer from the conclusion of NASCIO’s event and the start time of your event.
NASCIO will not endorse companion events. NASCIO corporate members, partner entities, conference sponsors and attendees are expressly prohibited from holding in-person or virtual events that run concurrently with NASCIO conference sessions, meetings, or any other conference-related events.
Can my company exhibit or hold a demo at the conference?
No, NASCIO conferences are education and networking based. Conferences do not include an exhibit hall, trade show or demo times so that attendees may focus on discussing issues facing the field of information technology in state government.
Can we share marketing/promotional material during the event?
No, marketing materials may not be distributed at NASCIO conferences (event venue or Event Hub) except approved sponsor materials.
Gifts or other amenities may not be sent to the hotel room of any public sector attendee.
I’m a member of the media, what do I need to know?
- Can media attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes! Please visit the registration form; if your entity is not listed, please contact Meredith Ward at [email protected] for inclusion
- Is there a cost for media to attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
There is no cost to register for the event
- How many representatives can attend?
Each media entity may send 3 representatives
- Are there any guidelines for media attending NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes; media must adhere and agree to NASCIO’s media terms and conditions
- Who do I contact for more information?
Meredith Ward, NASCIO’s Director of Policy & Research
How can I speak at the event?
Conferences feature professional speakers for keynote sessions and largely utilize members for topical sessions.
NASCIO does not host a call for abstracts/proposals; session topics and speakers flow through the NASCIO programs committee. This infographic walks you through the planning process. Watch the NASCIO Community for speaking opportunities for members.