Schedule of Events
Times subject to change. All times listed in Eastern Time.
SUNDAY, APRIL 30
10 am – 4:30 pm
State Member Day
(state & local members only)
3:30 – 5 pm
Corporate Member Exchange
(all corporate members welcome)
6:30 – 8 pm
MONDAY, MAY 1
7 – 8 am
8 – 9:30 am
Welcome & Pinnacle Keynote
10 – 10:30 am
11 am – 12 pm
State Meet & Greet
12 – 1:15 pm
1:15 – 1:45 pm & 2 – 2:30 pm
3 – 4 pm
5:30 – 8 pm
(state members & invited guests)
TUESDAY, MAY 2
8 – 9 am
9 – 10:15 am
10:45 – 11:15 am
12 – 1:15 pm
1:15 – 1:45 pm & 2 – 2:30 pm
3 – 4 pm
WEDNESDAY, MAY 3
8 – 10 am
- Register March 1 – April 24
- Only NASCIO member organizations may register
- Registrant’s email address must match organization domain
- No onsite registration, but onsite substitutions will be accepted
- If you have questions, contact [email protected]
- The Midyear Conference will be held at the MGM National Harbor
- A NASCIO room rate of $269/night ++ is available at the MGM until March 31 or sold out
- Access to the event-specific reservation site is provided in the confirmation email you receive upon registering for Midyear
What is the dress code?
NASCIO conferences are business casual. However, attendee attire ranges from business causal to business formal. Evening events are also business casual; if specific attire is appropriate, attendees will be notified.
Don’t forget your most important accessory – your name badge! NASCIO name badges must be worn for entry into NASCIO sessions, events and networking receptions.
Where can I find a list of attendees?
All registered attendees will have access to the NASCIO Event Hub (web & mobile app), which will house a real-time roster of all attendees. Prior to conference, the Hub is the only way to access this information (exception for sponsors).
After conference, all attendees will receive a PDF roster of those individuals who attended the conference.
How many attendees can a member organization register?
- Corporate Members: max of 3 representatives (only exception is those that purchase conference sponsorship packages; the number of registrations permitted for sponsors are based on sponsorship level purchased)
- Nonprofit/Academic/Government (non-state) Members: max of 2 representatives
- State Members: no limit
Can we purchase additional registrations?
No, registrations are limited by member type as outlined above
What is the cost to attend?
- $1,295 per person
Government, Academic & Nonprofit Members
- $895 per person
- No registration fee
- State member attendees are responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses, with the exception of the State/Territory CIO (or proxy) and two additional state policy leaders (as identified by the state CIO)
Do you accept cancellations or substitutions?
Substitutions are always complimentary; a registered attendee may designate someone within the same company to take their spot. Substitutions must be made online HERE by April 24; after this date substitutions must be made onsite.
If a registered attendee must cancel, a refund (minus a $200 administrative fee) will be issued if written notice is provided by April 24. No refunds are given for cancellations made after registrations closes (April 24) or for no-shows.
Contact [email protected] with questions
How can my company sponsor the conference?
Sponsorship registration will open February 8 at noon Eastern. Opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review sponsorship levels, benefits and conditions.
Can my company hold an event (meeting, reception, etc.) during the conference?
Yes, provided there is a 30-minute buffer from the beginning or conclusion of NASCIO’s event and the start time of your event. No events may be held in the morning.
NASCIO will not endorse companion events. NASCIO corporate members, partner entities, conference sponsors and attendees are expressly prohibited from holding in-person or virtual events that run concurrently with NASCIO conference sessions, meetings, or any other conference-related events.
Can my company exhibit or hold a demo at the conference?
No exhibits or demos. NASCIO conferences are educational and networking based; they do not include an exhibit hall, trade show or demo times so that attendees may focus on discussing issues facing the field of information technology in state government.
Can we share marketing/promotional material during the event?
No marketing materials may be distributed at NASCIO conferences (event venue or Event Hub) except approved sponsor materials.
Gifts or other amenities may not be sent to the hotel room of any public sector attendee.
I’m a member of the media, what do I need to know?
- Can media attend NASCIO conferences?
Yes! Please visit the registration form; if your entity is not listed, please contact Meredith Ward at [email protected] for inclusion
- Is there a cost for media to attend?
No, there is no registration fee for media
- How many representatives can attend?
Each media entity may send 3 representatives
- Are there any guidelines for media attending NASCIO conferences?
Yes, media must adhere and agree to NASCIO’s media terms and conditions
- Who do I contact for more information?
Meredith Ward, NASCIO’s Director of Policy & Research
How can I speak at the event?
Conferences feature professional speakers for keynote sessions and largely utilize members for topical sessions.
NASCIO does not host a call for abstracts/proposals; session topics and speakers flow through the NASCIO programs committee. Please review this infographic on the planning process. Watch the NASCIO Community for speaking opportunities for members.