Technology Champion Award
Nomination Deadline: February 25, 2022
NASCIO’s Technology Champion Award recognizes one individual annually for outstanding contributions in the field of information technology in the public sector. The recipient champions the critical role of IT and innovation in the business and continuity of state government and advances the belief that IT is a transformational tool that enables positive change for citizens. The recipient may have a direct role in the implementation or oversight of IT, or their role may be in creating the environment for IT innovation to occur. (State CIOs are not eligible for this award)
The selection of the recipient is made by the NASCIO Executive Committee, drawing heavily on their expertise as
leaders in information technology.
Nominations are only accepted from individuals within NASCIO member organizations.
An individual whose personal leadership has made a critical contribution to the effective use of information technology in the public sector
- Nomination should focus on the individual’s contribution and how they are enabling IT to be transformational
- If the nominee was part of a technology implementation, their work should stand independent of the product, platform or supplier
- Preference given to contributions that align with NASCIO’s State CIO Top Ten Priorities
An innovator whose work has made demonstrable impacts to advance information technology as an effective tool for government
- Preference given to nominations that include specific and measurable impact
- Impact should extend past cost-savings, focusing on how IT can create positive impact for citizens
- A nominee’s work may be specific to one area of government or within one state, but the innovation should be replicable and represent leading IT practices