Make the most of member benefits
Organizations (companies, states, nonprofits) hold the membership, but there is no limit to the number of employees that can access benefits..
- The NASCIO Community is a members-only collaboration platform with segmented discussion forums. Pose question to your peers across the nation and crowd source best practices, lessons learned and insight. Special opportunities for participation in NASCIO conferences, campaigns and ad hoc projects are also posted here.
- Find contact information for your fellow NASCIO members in the member directory within the Community. Need to update your info? Drop us a note with the changes.
- Two yearly members-only conferences
- Midyear is held in the spring in the Washington D.C. area
- Annual is held in the fall and rotates cities throughout the continental U.S.
- Relationships, not products: at NASCIO conferences, there’s no booth to staff or exhibit floor to walk. You’ll find sessions led by those doing the work, interactive formats to highlight the expertise of all members and ample time to build relationships with those in the state IT community.
- Corporate members have the opportunity to sponsor conferences
Visit the NASCIO Calendar for a list of upcoming virtual events
- Insight, not homework: Forums (previously known as committees and working groups) allow members to learn, share and discuss specific issues important to the state IT community
- Forums are open to all members (except where noted) and registration is not required for participation
- Current forums:
Meets: 3rd Tuesday of the month at 2 pm ET
Staff Contact: Alex Whitaker
- Enterprise Architecture & Governance
Meets: 2nd Thursday of the month at 2pm ET
Staff Contact: Eric Sweden
- Privacy & Data Protection
Meets: last Wednesday of the month at 3pm ET
Staff Contact: Amy Glasscock
- Insight on current issues, leading practices and innovations of interest to the state IT community
- Watch your inbox for registration details or visit the NASCIO Calendar for upcoming dates (webcasts are always free, but may require registration)
- Corporate Member Exchange: bi-monthly meetings featuring insights from state CIOs and their teams
- All States Call: Quarterly meetings with updates and discussions on pressing concerns for states
- The open Resource Center houses publications and webcast recordings for members and non-member alike
- The NASCIO Community Library houses members-only items such as Forum recordings, state priorities and state-only compilations
- Visit the Events Calendar (members only) to find all upcoming Forums and webcasts – gain and share insights with your colleagues
- Watch your inbox and the NASCIO Community for opportunities to participate in special promotional and thought leadership initiates
- Each member organization is profiled on the website. If you need to make an update, complete the profile change form.
- All members are eligible to serve on the Awards Committees
- This group serves as judges for the State IT Recognition Awards. A call for volunteers is issued in the spring, with judging occurring in June and July.
- State and corporate members are eligible to serve on the Programs Committee
- This group provides guidance for both Midyear and Annual programming, including session topics, speakers, Give Back partner and experiential components. It is limited to ~20 members and is appointed to ensure equal representation of member types and educational/networking needs. A call for interested members is issued each November.