Event Hosted by the Government Finance Officers Association, National Association of State Treasurers, Public Sector HR Association, MissionSquare Research Institute, National Association of State Chief Information Officers
Washington, D.C. — (August 3, 2023) — State and local government leaders will gather in Washington, D.C., on August 15, 2023, to examine key long-term public sector workforce challenges. The convening comes as the participating organizations have researched and identified a pervasive problem for the public sector workforce–talent is scarce.
A Solutions-based Approach to Attracting Talent in Public Finance and Information Technology in the State and Local Sector will bring together a diverse mix of strategic thinkers to discuss new approaches currently being implemented to build the public sector workforce of tomorrow.
- Laura Allen, President, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Chris Morill, Executive Director/CEO, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Deanna Santana, Acting CEO and President, MissionSquare Retirement
- Shaun Snyder, Executive Director, National Association of State Treasurers (NAST)
- Meredith Ward, Deputy Executive Director, National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
- Cara Woodson Welch, CEO, Public Sector HR Association (PSHRA)
- Gerald Young, Senior Research Analyst, MissionSquare Research Institute
Learn more about the event here.
- A Solutions-Based Approach to Attracting Talent in Public Finance and Information Technology in the State and Local Sector
When and Where:
- The event is scheduled for August 15 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Eastern) at the National City County Leadership Center located at 660 N. Capitol Street, NW, 1st Floor, Washington, D.C. 20001.
- Government Finance Officers Association
- National Association of State Treasurers
- Public Sector HR Association
- MissionSquare Research Institute
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers
- There is no charge to attend, but space is limited so register early. Breakfast will be available, sponsored by MissionSquare Retirement.
- Attendees and media interested in attending the event are invited to register here.
- For more information about the event, please contact: