COVID-19 Planning and Response Guidance for State CIOs (v2 3.26.20)
Today we are facing a COVID-19 (coronavirus) global pandemic. The situation is dynamic and moving fast.
- What is the role of the state chief information officer (CIO) in coordinating a response with the Governor’s office and other state agencies?
- What is the role of the state CIO when planning for reduced staff?
- What are the critical issues that need to be prioritized to ensure continuity of operations for your organization?
- What are challenges related to expanded remote access for employees?
- What are the potential cybersecurity risks?
- How does the current circumstance impact the current project portfolio?
State CIOs have an obligation to ensure that IT services continue during this pandemic outbreak and planning for such a scenario has become essential. As such is it imperative that state CIOs have a seat at the table with government leaders and take an active role in the state response to COVID-19. There are simple steps that state CIOs can follow during the next days and weeks.