Pew interviewed over 350 state leaders across the U.S. and reviewed relevant laws, documents, and policies in all the states to produce a report detailing five key actions states can take to promote data-driven decision-making:
• Plan ahead by setting up guiding goals and structures.
• Build the state government’s capacity to effectively use data.
• Ensure that quality data can be accessed and used by stakeholders.
• Analyze data to create meaningful information.
• Sustain support for continued data efforts.
This webinar provided a fresh understanding of the challenges facing state governments today, as well as insights on how they can capitalize on these key actions to promote data-driven decision-making.
Click here for the full slide deck from the webinar.
How States Use Data to Inform Decisions – Report from The Pew Charitable Trusts