2021 Annual Conference FAQs
Will NASCIO hold the 2021 Annual Conference in person?
In short, we really hope so! However, we continue to monitor the guidance and regulations from the CDC, our host state and hotel partner to ensure that we can hold a safe in-person meeting. We should have a final decision in the early Summer and will make an all-member announcement.
In fact, there is a survey at the bottom of the page – please give us your feedback on your comfort-level with attending an in-person event!
If the Annual Conference is in person, what should I know about registration?
What to Know
- Goal is for registration to open in August (subject to change)
- early registration is encouraged; on-site registration is typically available for an in-person event, however we are unsure if we’ll have capacity issues due to COVID restrictions and will be continually monitoring and providing updates
- individuals must be employed by a current NASCIO member to register
- registrant’s email address must match the domain of the member organization
- State/Territory Members: two (2) registrations for CIO and Policy official included in dues – includes registration fee, up to four (4) night of hotel booked and paid by NASCIO and up to $600 in travel stipend reimbursed after the event; additional paid state attendees – $595 per person and no hotel/travel reimbursement
- Nonprofit/Academic/Government Members: $895 per person
- Corporate Members: $1,195 per person for early bird; $1,295 per person regular; and $1,495 per person on-site (if allowed)
- Hotel costs for Seattle are $249/night + tax.
How many attendees can a member organization register?
Unless we have capacity restrictions due to COVID restrictions, our typical processes are:
- corporate members may register up to three (3) paid attendees (additional paid registrations included with sponsorship)
- associate members may register up to two (2) paid attendees
- state member registration is unlimited paid registrations
How can my company sponsor the Annual Conference?
Our goal is to launch the sponsorships for the 2021 Annual Conference in July. As with everything related to the conference right now, that is subject to change.
Can my company hold an event (meeting, reception, etc.) during the conference?
Yes, provided there is a 30-minute buffer from the conclusion of NASCIO’s event and the start time of your event. NASCIO will not endorse companion events. NASCIO corporate members, partner entities, conference sponsors and attendees are expressly prohibited from holding events that run concurrently with NASCIO conference sessions, meetings, or any other conference-related events.
Can my company exhibit or hold a demo during the Conference?
No exhibits or demos. NASCIO conferences are educational and networking based; they do not include an exhibit hall, trade show or demo times so that attendees may focus on discussing issues facing the field of information technology in state government.
Can we share marketing/promotional materials during the Conference?
No, marketing materials may not be distributed in-person or via the Conference Hub or Community.
I’m a member of the media. What do I need to know?
- Can media attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes! If your entity is not a NASCIO media partner, please contact Meredith Ward at [email protected]
- Is there a cost for media to attend NASCIO’s annual conference?
There is no cost to register for the event.
- Are there any guidelines for media attending NASCIO’s annual conference?
Yes; media must adhere and agree to NASCIO’s media terms and conditions.
- Who do I contact for more information?
Meredith Ward, NASCIO’s Director of Policy & Research
What do you think about an in-person event?
While NASCIO is continually monitoring guidelines and restrictions on in-person events from the CDC, our host state and our hotel partner, we’d like to know what you think about being in-person for the 2021 Annual Conference this October.
Below are a few quick questions – your answers will be very helpful as we continue to consider an in-person event, so please take a moment to answer these 5 questions.