This report presents the results of a joint Accenture/NASCIO research project exploring the future role of the state CIO and how the state CIO will drive innovation.
The research included interviews and a survey of state CIOs to understand the role of state CIOs in promoting innovation in government.
- The study explored how state IT organizations build the capacity to innovate and which best practices help in doing so.
- We also examined how state CIOs embrace new and emerging technologies to create the best government outcomes.
- Our report illuminates compelling opportunities, persistent obstacles, strategies for accelerating innovation and inspiring real-world case studies.
- The report presents a set of practical recommendations for driving innovation.
- Creating an Innovation Culture (April 15, 2020)
- Future State CIO: Catalyst and Convener of Innovation (February 17, 2020)